Welcome back! In today’s show David and Scott discuss the start of the Triple Crown, David reviews John John Florence’s new film “View From A Blue Moon”, David give’s his top 10 Surf Poll Awards, they pay respects to David Eggers, share Dukes and Kooks, and much more! Enjoy!
VANS TRIPLE CROWN OF SURFING KICKS OFF
It’s on! Day 2 is currently underway at Haleiwa. Click here
NEW ADDITIONS TO THE 2016 ‘CT
DAVID’S 10 MOST INTERESTING SURFERS OF 2015
10) Dane, for obvious reasons.
9) Derek Rielly for bringing us Stab Mag and now BeachGrit.com
8) Owen Wright, for his return to form after a near career ending injury and his perfect Cloudbreak performance this year.
7) Mason Ho, for having more fun than anyone.
puma point from rory @ digital good times on Vimeo.
6) Matt Meola, for being an underappreciated overperformer.
MATT MEOLA – HOME from Matt Meola on Vimeo.
5) Mick Fanning, for being a top bloke and fending off the young whippersnappers.
4) Julian Wilson, from nearly falling off tour pre-Hawaii last year, to winning the Pipe Masters, his title campaign this year, and dropping the best freesurf edit of the year.
3) Tatiana Weston Webb, for completely shaking up the women’s world tour, an incredible backside attack and charging big barrels. Go Tati!
2) Nick Woodman, for endless virtual POV barrels. Thank you.
1) John John Florence, for being the greatest surfer in the world.
WHY IS BRAD DOMKE SKIMMING EVERYTHING?
and a perfect comment from Stab
RIP DAVID EGGERS
MUST SEE MOMENT
GoPro’s Virtual Reality 360 degree surf experience. You can control the POV. Click here
30 year old South Africa surfer Josh Enslin who set the unofficial world record for the longest surf session of 30 hours and 11 minutes. Caught a wave every 4 minutes. 455 waves.
The trolls who bait Kelly and try to ruin a wholesome, good thing. Good on ya’, Kelly. Nevermind ’em.
Here’s Kelly’s announcement of the winner.
And then Kelly screenshot’d and posted a few of the comments, which then fetched him even more vitriol.
Again, the Kook here are the trolls.