David & Scott discuss Kelly Slater’s wave pool, trespassing through private property to surf, John John’s mastery in France, the world title scenarios, Dukes and Kooks and much more!
INTRO AND CATCH UP
Kelly explains Outerknown. Link to article.
Brad Domke getting pitched!
THE QUIK PRO FRANCE
Watch John John put together a 19.90 heat total against Mick in round 5.
7 surfers are in contention for the world title. Here are the scenarios:
– If Gabriel finishes 25th or 13th in Portugal, Joel and John John will need a 2nd, Mick; 5th and Kelly; 25th to send the title race to Pipe.
– If Gabriel finishes 9th, Joel and John John will need a 1st, Mick a 2nd, Kelly a 3rd.
– If Gabriel makes the quarters, Joel and John John will be out of the race, Mick and Kelly will need a 1st.
– A third place finish for Gabby, and Mick and Kelly will need a 1st. If Gabriel finishes 2nd, Mick will be out of the race, Kelly will need a 1st.
– But, if Gabriel finishes 1st, he will win the world title in Portugal.
– Taj and Michel are still mathematical chances but so far from the hitting range it’s not worth reporting.
WAVE POOLS OF THE NEAR FUTURE
Kelly Slater’s Wave Pool Company
BILLIONAIRE CLOSES PUBLIC BEACH
Shout out to Peter King for this great series.
“Bye, Dad!” John John Florence
David’s Must-See Moment: Greg Long on Vice Sports
Scott’s Must-See Moment: Get the Led Out. The Led Zeppelin cover band.
DUKE & KOOK
David’s Duke: Mom John!
Link to her profile on Stab from 2012. Link to the recent article on BeachGrit.
David’s Kook: The barney who drove it front of me and ditched his board behind me at the the pier the other day. Learn to duckdive.
Scott’s Kook: Sam George for not donating to the 100 Wave Challenge.